4200 Island Highway North
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Nanaimo
University area offers fantastic ball parks, aquatic centre with state of the art gym. Hawthorne estates offers a beautiful pathway around the the bird sanctuary surrounded by lovely homes. This home offers 3 generous size bedrooms up 2 full bathrooms. Open concept Kitchen/dining/family room with gas fireplace and huge patio. Ground level offers two bedrooms, family room and full bathroom. Double car garage a...
Rare in today's market, rentals, kids & pets allowed! This well maintained condo is perfect for a 1st time buyer, investor or students going to VIU. If you don't like to drive, you will love that this home is steps from a major bus route & a short walk to the new Country Grocer, two pharmacies, Tim Hortons, McDonalds, The Buzz & other amenities. This large 2 bed unit is bright & features a spacious master bed...
Come home to this 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom split level residence in the desirable Eagle Point area. This home has so much to offer from its oversized rooms and open floor plan to the fantastic back yard and beautiful ocean views. Relax and watch the sunset from the deck off the master bedroom... or even from the massive soaker tub in the ensuite! Located close to schools, shopping and transportation, this wonder...
Behind a privacy hedge with plenty of parking & access off both Drake & Quadra, the main floor has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms & a large shared living area. Downstairs is a brand new legal 2 bedroom suite with separate entrance, its own laundry, natural gas fireplace, & a separate panel. The main floor maintains its '50s character with refinished oak floors (with inlays), a wood burning fireplace & wood trimmed w...
Top floor 2 bedroom condo completely updated with almost everything new! Including flooring, paint, kitchen cabinets and double sink, appliances, light fixtures, blinds, doors etc. Big bright rooms and a nice large sun deck. Walk to V.I. University and several parks as well as recreation amenities like golf, tennis, swimming, skating. Close to vibrant down town Nanaimo and the waterfront shops and restaurants...
Family home in a great neighbourhood close to town! This home is on a quiet street, close to schools, walking trails, and shopping. The main level is spacious with three bedrooms, cozy living room with fireplace, and kitchen area that leads out to the covered deck. The lower level features a large family room with wet bar and fireplace, workshop, large storage, laundry, and access to the covered patio and bac...
VIEW! VIEW! VIEW! This renovated, ocean view character home has plenty of updates and is waiting for your finishing touches. The kitchen features a beautiful concrete counter top with large farmers sink. Tile lines the walls and floors of the bathroom which showcases a large vanity. New hardwood floors are found throughout the home. Where possible, eco- friendly products were used in the renovation. The 7' ba...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015