4200 Island Highway North
let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Nanaimo
This updated half duplex in South Nanaimo is affordably priced, tastefully updated and walking distance to both elementary and high schools. Laminate floors, recessed lighting peninsula kitchen with stainless appliances and chimney hood fan open to the large dining room are all notable features. The extra-large living room with fireplace is comfortable and warm, overlooking the cul-de-sac. Step out onto the c...
Pet & Rental friendly. Move right into this stunning quality built townhome. Located in a quiet area in Ladysmith, close to incredible hiking trails and recreation. This home is perfect for a professional couple, seniors, or young family. The spacious and bright open concept (level entry) main features a modern kitchen and living room complete with balcony and cozy fireplace. Upstairs you will find two luxuri...
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
What qualities do you feel a good real estate agent needs to possess? Your answer might include things like being personable, knowledgeable, professional, a good communicator…These traits are just some of the many qualities that are required of someone who is assisting you in one of the largest transactions in your life. Having a real estate agent on your side that exemplifies these qualities will make the difference between having a positive experience or a negative one.
With all of the agents to select from, knowing who to go to; who to trust, can be daunting. Coming from a background in sales, finance, and graphic design, Chantelle employs creativity, accuracy, perseverance, and communication to the buying and selling process. Working with a broad spectrum of discriminating clients, she is constantly on the lookout for opportunities, and passionate about every real estate transaction as she works to help each client achieve their goals.
Chantelle and her husband have a beautiful daughter, and when they are not working they enjoy taking advantage of all the amazing sights and adventures the island has to offer.